2017 has been a year of exciting change at Penmaenmawr Museum, and we not only moved to the former post-office in the centre of town, but we also secured a small amount of stage-one Heritage Lottery funding to develop our plans for the Museum’s future. We’ve been very busy putting together the information for our stage two Lottery bid. If we’re successful, it will mean we can:
• Refurbish the museum with professional displays to showcase our collection about the history of Penmaenmawr
• Open more often and for longer hours
• Offer visitors to Penmaenmawr Welsh language taster sessions and information about places to go and things to see around Penmaenmawr
• Publish a programme of history lectures and book launch events
• Extend our successful history walks programme for residents and visitors
Thank you to all those who have supported us through volunteering, completing questionnaires and being involved in the consultations, sharing your stories, and visiting us at the Museum.
Fingers crossed for our Heritage Lottery bid in 2018 and we’ll keep you posted about the outcome.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a successful 2018 from all at Penmaenmawr Museum